Dyeing Cotton

So as I continue my cotton dyeing adventure form my post several days ago,  I found that the color and texture of the surface worked reasonably well.  The sharp fold left in the fabric from the bolt worked to mirror the texture I put there with the crinkling in the dyepot, creating a sort of “inkblot” effect.  The marbling or mottled texture was what I had hoped for, and I think it was so effective only because of the length of time left in the dyepot ( about 10 hours).

The hue turned out a bit cooler than I had hoped, so I decided to mix another dyebath with just red this time, and try to overdye it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s